A glitter-dipped hanging twig heart adds a romantic decoration to your rustic home, especially around Valentine’s Day. Read on to discover how to make a glitter-dipped hanging twig heart in five easy steps.
A glitter-dipped hanging twig heart is a wall decoration consisting of twigs arranged in a heart pattern and covered with glitter at the tips. Crafting a glitter-dipped hanging twig heart is a relaxing and creative activity that produces a unique piece of artwork for rustic glam interior design. Hang it on a wall, near a window, or by a door. It is also a handmade gift idea for couples, family, and friends for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, 5-year anniversaries (wood), birthdays, and other romantic occasions.
This guide describes the supplies and step-by-step instructions for making a glitter-dipped hanging twig heart. It features images, a video guide, and more tips and tricks to improve your design. This DIY shouldn’t take more than 1 hour to complete.
- Twigs as straight as possible, preferably debarked
- Paper sheet
- Secateurs or gardening shears
- A hot glue gun with glue
- Gold glitter
- Liquid white glue
How do I craft a gold-dipped hanging twig heart?
Follow these step-by-step instructions to craft a gold-dipped hanging twig heart:
- Sketch a heart: Draw a rough outline of a heart. You will arrange the twigs vertically for this decoration, so ensure the heart isn’t heigher than the longest twig you have.
- Cut twigs: Place the twigs on top of the heart template and use the outline as measurement to cut each twig; the goal is to fill out the heart shape.
- Assemble a twig heart: Once you are satisfied with the twig arrangement, glue the twigs to each other without sticking them to the paper; it’s best to apply glue to the entire length of the twigs. Wait for the glue to cool before proceeding.
- Add glitter: Apply a thick coat of liquid white glue to the bottom of the twig heart, covering about a third of the decoration. Next, quickly sprinkle the gold glitter over the glue before it dries up.
- Create a hanger: Cut a twig as long as the heart’s width, then cut two pieces of yarn about 5 in (13 cm). Tie the yarn pieces to both ends of the long twig to make a hanger. Finally, attach the hanger to the twigs on the left and right of the heart. Your gold-dipped hanging twig heart is now ready!
Check out the following video guide that better illustrates the processs of crafting a gold-dipped hanging twig heart:
More tips and tricks
Check out the following tips and tricks for improving or changing the gold-dipped hanging twig heart:
- Try other twig layouts: We arranged the twigs vertically, but try other arrangements, like horizontally or diagonally.
- Add more embellishments: Skip the gold glitter and use other decorations, depending on the preferred theme. For example, use pinecones for modern farmhouse interior design or seashells for a beachy feel.
- Add a message: Write something special on the twig heart with a permanent marker or paint to make it even more unique. For instance, write HOME or BLESSED.
Crafting a DIY hanging twig heart is a project that anyone can try with the right supplies and by following the instructions outlined in this guide. For more similar projects, check out romantic decorations.
The post How to Craft a Glitter-Dipped Hanging Twig Heart for Valentine’s Day Decor in 5 Steps appeared first on DIYs.com.